Thursday, March 25, 2010

The beginning of the excavations 2010 and blog about Tauresium, the birth place of Justinian I


The archaeological excavations at the site of Gradiste in the village Taor (near Skopje), popularly known as the ancient city of Tauresium, perhaps the birthplace of Emperor Justinian I, officially started on 17.03.2010. Taor is one of my favorite places where I had participated as a student in the 2000/01 and in the meantime with very modest financial means, this site has grown into a tourist place worthy of presentation. In 2007 I made a video documentary about Tauresium (in Macedonian) and this year I am a part of the excavation team.

Разгледница од археолошкиот локалитет Таор
Official postcard from the archaeological site of Tauresium

After almost four years break, I return to work in the field continuously since my last engagement in 2007. Actually, I haven’t been in the field since 2006. In 2007 I was working at the Skopje Fortress excavation, but I was responsible for the documentation sector, so mostly I spent my time at the computer.


Despite of its official website, Tauresium in this campaign 2010 got a blog where we will update whatever happens on the site and its surroundings, as well as the adventures of the team. For the first time in Macedonia, the public will have an on-line access to the work of archaeologists and will be available to follow the excavation including the finds we will discover .

Link to the blog of Tauresium: http://taor.arheo.com.mk/

.

1 comment:

ArchaeologyMatters said...

I am trying to gather info about museums and sites that have internet sites from all over the Balkans. If you have any info I would be interested in hearing about it!

You can find my work so far here:


http://archaeologymatters2.blogspot.com/p/sites-per-country.html

and here:

http://archaeologymatters2.blogspot.com/2010/03/internet-museums-in-balkans.html

Cheers!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online